Sustainability & Carbon Foot Print
We help our customers take ownership of building a more responsible and sustainable future. We encourage environmental responsibility and reduce the risk of corruption in our customers’ projects. Our services assist in developing sustainable facilities and production, as well as better working and social environments.
FIRST Focus on enabling your organization to become more sustainable, safe and efficient. Organizations of all sizes face a growing social and regulatory focus on climate, natural resources, health and wellness, and responsible consumption. As a result, an active commitment to sustainability is expected to be at the center of your organization’s value proposition and integrated into all operational and financial business models. We provide the world’s most comprehensive range of inspection, testing, certification and consulting services, powered by the latest technology and digital tools. Aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Principles for Responsible Investment, our end-to- end sustainability solutions help you to redefine your sustainability journey. Our innovative services enable you to implement more efficient processes, address risks and stakeholder concerns, and accomplish your sustainability goals.
FIRST Sustainability address GHG emissions help organizations reduce their carbon footprints by implementing proper frameworks to measure and manage GHG emissions from their operations, value chains and mitigation actions.
- Consultation: Net-Zero and GHG emission reduction consulting.
Transitioning to net zero or reducing your carbon emissions, The most significant goal and responsibility that organizations and individuals have to consider to limit global warming. To limit global warming to 1.5C, global net CO2 emissions must drop by 45% between 2010 and 2030, and reach net zero around 2050.
Consumers, shareholders and stakeholders know that we must start implementing action plans like Climate Neutral Now, PAS2060 & Climate Active. From a commercial perspective, B2C and B2B markets are increasingly buying “green first”, so if your business is not moving towards carbon neutral, you may be risking your company’s financial future too.
At FIRST, our consultants can help you with your carbon reduction journey. From initial consultations, to know-hows, to setting reliable and achievable goals, our consultants are always available to build strategies, and assist in change management procedures to ensure your business comply with any upcoming carbon reduction regulations or reporting requirements.
- Carbon Footprint Report: GHG emission measurement and assessment.
FIRST greenhouse gas emission assessment is made using the industry’s best practices/standards. FIRST Carbon Footprint reports and assessments use industry best practice/standards. We use industry industry best practice/standards to asses your carbon footprint and GHG emissions, such as the WRI/WBCSD Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol and ISO14064-1. They are also underpinned by the use of internationally recognized emissions factors databases.
Our generated carbon footprint reports are generated in formats suitable for Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting and Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) for your jurisdiction and other compliance reporting needs.
The first step of any organization’s sustainability journey or carbon management program is to gain an independent & thorough understanding of its current green-house gas (GHG) emissions. Our carbon footprint business appraisals provide a comprehensive assessment and identify current major emission sources and opportunities for savings in the future.
Standard CO2 assessment
FIRST offers the following as part of its Carbon Footprint Report and assessment solution:
- An experienced carbon management consultant
- Fast and efficient service
- Recommendations on next steps for your carbon management
- Carbon Footprint Standards to market your business with
- Support in data collection process
- Detailed calculation report
- Recommendations on next steps for your carbon management
- Carbon offset recommendations to help you become carbon neutral
- Water Footprint Report: Lifecycle water footprint assessments.
Assisting organizations and businesses measuring their products and business water footprint.
Water footprint is an environmental indicator that measures the volume of fresh water (in litres or cubic metres) used throughout the entire production chain of a consumer item or service. It can be used to measure the consumption of water for practically anything – from manufacturing to the entire consumption of a country, including for example a harvest, or a company’s annual activities.
TYPES OF WATER FOOTPRINTS:
A water footprint is made up of three things depending on where the water comes from:
- Green water: is water from precipitation (rain or snow) that is stored in the root zone of the soil and evaporated, transpired or incorporated by plants. It is particularly relevant for agricultural, horticultural and forestry products.
- Blue water: is water that has been sourced from surface or groundwater resources and is either evaporated, incorporated into a product or tipped into the sea. Irrigated agriculture, industry and domestic water use can each have a blue water footprint.
- Grey water: is the amount of fresh water required to assimilate pollutants in the production process to meet water quality standards.
Standard H2O footprint assessment: A full water footprint assessment consists of four distinct phases:
- Setting goals and scope.
- Water footprint accounting.
- Water footprint sustainability assessment
- Water footprint response formulation.
- Sustainability Strategy: Creating sustainability strategies for organizations and governments.
Implementing robust carbon reduction strategies for organizations and local governments.
Implementing a robust carbon reduction & offset plan is vital to any organization’s journey to becoming carbon neutral. The secret to the success of any carbon program is a robust Sustainability Strategy. With a Sustainability Strategy in place, your organization will have clarity of direction and well defined set of projects that will enable you to meet your commercial goal (cost saving and revenue generating), meet compliance/supply chain requirements and employee engagement. In short, this sets you up to be a better business.
A Sustainability Strategy is a documented strategy and set of actions to help an organization meet their carbon reduction objectives. Typically it will include a summary of previous carbon footprint assessments, carefully identified carbon reduction targets and defined actions to achieve the goals set by the organization.
The Sustainability Strategy will usually be signed off by a senior member of the management board to demonstrate the importance of the carbon management program.
our experts can help you through each step of the way, from initial training workshops, through to conducting reviews and change management of solutions:
- Building Confidence: we bring our expert know-how to your business
- Efficiency: we will help you to accelerate your sustainability program
- Bringing Innovation: fresh ideas to empower up your program
- Auditing: Auditing solutions to GHG statements/reports.
Assessment and auditing of organizational GHG statements, and sustainability reports.
FIRST Auditing solutions
are available to your organization to examine and verify your annual GHG statement and analyze & address annual changes related to your organization’s greenhouse gas inventory.
FIRST auditing services follows the following scope:
- Application: We clarify which verification standard best fits your needs and meets your program requirements.
- Assessment: We perform a systematic assessment to confirm, with supporting evidence, that your GHG statement regarding past GHG performance has been appropriately calculated and truthfully reported; complies with relevant requirements; conforms with relevant standards and approved methodologies; and is free of material misstatement
- Scope: The GHG statement may pertain to:
- The amount of GHG emissions during a given period of time;
- The amount of emission reductions or removal enhancements during a given period of time;
- Conformance to a GHG standard, such as ISO 14064-1 or ISO 14064-2; and/or
- Compliance with GHG program rules, such as Climate Active or Airport Carbon Accreditation.
- Energy Audit: Assisting organizations achieve major energy savings.
Where, when, why and how energy is used in a business or industrial facility
Energy audit (or sometimes called “energy assessment” or “energy study”) is an effort to determine where, when, why and how energy is used in a business or industrial facility, and to identify opportunities to improve efficiency.
Our energy auditors lead the audit process but work closely with building owners, staff and other key participants throughout the entire process to ensure accuracy of data collection and appropriateness of energy efficiency recommendation. The audit typically begins with a review of historical and current utility data and benchmarking of your building’s energy use against similar buildings. This sets the stage for an onsite inspection of the physical building. The main outcome of an energy audit is a list of recommended energy efficiency measures (EEMs), recommended adjustments to building systems and controls, or equipment installations that result in lower energy use. The audit outcome also shows the associated energy savings potential, and an assessment of whether EEM installation costs are a good financial investment or not.
- Carbon Credit Trading: Carbon credit trading in voluntary and compliance markets.
Navigate global voluntary and compliance markets for your carbon offset needs with FIRST. A carbon credit is a form of environmental commodity that derives its value from a tonne of CO2 or equivalent GHG reduced, removed, or captured before entering the air. Credits are generated from projects that either prevent emissions or remove emissions from the atmosphere altogether. You can purchase and apply offsets against your own emissions to work toward Carbon Neutral/Net Zero commitments or comply with government regulations. Global carbon markets are complex. With many government-regulated compliance markets and an ongoing dialogue around structure and standards for voluntary markets, navigating market participation can be daunting. Layer on projects with varying degrees of credibility and opaque market forces affecting pricing, and the ability to buy and sell credits. FIRST can help you navigate your way by supporting the development of your market participation strategy and providing credible and trusted access to carbon credit markets as part of your larger carbon management strategy. Our trading team transacts across voluntary and compliance carbon markets globally. We have all types of local and global credits, spanning multiple project types and jurisdictions, such as nature-based solutions, renewable energy, energy efficiency, and industrial processes.
- Access global markets: Achieve your environmental goals with access to global carbon markets.
- Become an industry leader: Engage stakeholders and differentiate as a sustainable brand.
- Reduce emissions: Reduce your organization’s carbon footprint by purchasing carbon credits.
- Enhance your ESG strategy: Strengthen your social license and support ESG efforts.